1. Use as a shower, tub and tile cleaner.
2. Can be used as an antiseptic.
3. Add a small amount to laundry to remove musty, lingering odors
4. For mold and mildew control – Simply add 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil to 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Shake well to blend. Spray your shower walls without rinsing. It usually takes a few days until the smell goes away. Its antifungal properties help to control mold and mildew. If you spray the grout, the must and mold will be killed but the discoloration remains. It’s the opposite of bleach in the sense that bleach removes the black mold color; but it doesn’t kill the mold, which comes back. The tea tree oil kills the mold.
5. As a general purpose cleaner – Fill a 12 ounce spray bottle with warm distilled water. Add in 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil, 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of Borax. Mix or shake it up until the Borax is fully dissolved. It also wipes out odor causing bacteria.
If you liked this tip leave me a comment and let me know or if you have any cleaning questions, if you’re really interested in my cleaning tips on an ongoing basis subscribe to our blog and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin