Baking Soda is Awesome for Cleaning, It was blowing your mind if you knew how many things you could clean using baking soda yes that little box of white powder that just sits in your fridge can do a lot more than just sitting in your fridge so what the heck is this baking soda stuff anyway it’s a type of salt that’s made by mixing two very safe and naturally occurring compounds together sodium carbonate and carbon dioxide it is so versatile that it has uses in cooking cleaning medicine personal hygiene and putting on grease fires no big deal.
So today I’ve put together a list of ten great cleaning uses for baking soda:
10) Scrub away scuff marks on your wall make a / paste of baking soda and water and find any scuff mark or crayon art on your painted wall gently rub it in and wipe away you’ll see the marks are gone.
9) Use it as an underarm deodorant simply apply a pinch under dry arms and even the worst body odor will be trapped and dominated by baking soda.
8) Clean and unclogged even the smelliest sink when baking soda is combined with vinegar magic happens and it can clean almost anything add a cup of baking soda to any drain let it sit for an hour then boil two cups of plain white vinegar and dump it down the drain run hot water and your drain won’t stink no more.
7) Clean your grout, just take some baking soda sprinkle it on a grout line spray it with water and scrub the grout using a cleaning toothbrush or even using a regular toothbrush.
6) On abrasion to any cleaning solution when baking soda is mixed with a cleaning solution it creates abrasion and that can battle even your most powerful cleaning products like them or comment.
5) Deodorize your kitty litter simply sprinkle some baking soda into the litter box every time you change it.
4) Clean your non self-cleaning oven if your oven doesn’t clean itself consider spraying the inside of the oven with pure white vinegar and then sprinkling baking soda on top of the vinegar then let it sit for about minutes and grab a heavy-duty sponge or some fine steel wool and start scrubbing you’ll see that you don’t need any caustic cleaning products to clean the inside of your oven the baking soda and vinegar will do the trick
3) Wash build up out of your hair if you’re a hair product junkie try this trick every couple of weeks take a tablespoon of baking soda and add it to your shampoo massage it into your hair as you normally would and rinse it out the baking soda scrubs out all of the guns and clarifies your hair the results are amazing
2) Deodorize your carpets if you notice that there’s that kind of smell to your house when you walk into it it’s probably because your carpets which are like sponges by the way are absorbing a whole bunch of dirt dust debris and dead skin cells if you take a box of baking soda and sprinkle it over your carpets leave it for minutes and then vacuum it up your room will be deodorized your vacuum will also get a clean treatment as a bonus.
Here’s my number one trick for using baking soda when it comes to cleaning and this one by the way is something I employ literally every time I do the laundry I love it baking soda is an amazing laundry booster it helps brighten and deodorize clothing the next time you do a load of laundry add in a cup of baking soda and see if you notice the difference I love this trick there you have it ten of the forty six thousand two hundred and ninety seven ways you can clean with baking soda you’re welcome if you have any top-secret cleaning tips for baking soda.
If you liked this tip leave me a comment and let me know or if you have any cleaning questions, if you’re really interested in my cleaning tips on an ongoing basis subscribe to our blog and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin